Peach Pie Filling (canning)
- 1-quart recipe
- 3 ½ cups Fresh sliced/diced peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup +1 T Clear Jel (the brand)
- ¾ cup cold water
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Mexican Vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon Almond extract
- ¼ cup bottled lemon juice
- 7-quarts recipe
- 24 cups Fresh Sliced Peaches
- 7 cups sugar
- 2 cups + 3 T Clear Jel (must use the brand Clear Jel)
- 5 ¼ cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Mexican Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ¾ cup bottled lemon juice
If canning, use the hot pack method, water canner
0-1000 feet, process for 30 minutes.
1,001-3,000 feet, process for 35 minutes
3,001-6,000 feet, process for 40 minutes
6,001 +, process for 45 minutes
Peel peaches, Slice in ½ “ thick pieces, place in water mixed with some lemon juice to prevent browning. Let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile boil a large pot of water. Place the fresh peaches in the water for 1 minute, then drain.
In another saucepan, combine sugar, Clear Jel, water, spices and flavorings if desired. Cook over medium high heat until mixture begins to thicken. Add lemon juice and boil one minute more. Stir constantly. Last, add drained peaches and heat for 3 minutes. Fill clean jars immediately with filling and leave 1” headspace. Adjust lids and process according to altitude.
* When using a water bath canner- water must be 1" above your jars and at a high boil before you start timing.
USDA Approved pie filling, Utah state extension.